Fall is in FULL SWING, and you know what that means: IT’S PUMPKIN SEASON! 🎃🍂
We’ve rallied together some of our fave pumpkin recipes for you to try this fall:
The first one, via Natasha’s Kitchen, is a classic Pumpkin Bread recipe! It has the consistency of a banana bread, and it’s super moist and flavorful:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda, sifted to eliminate lumps
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup extra light olive oil (or vegetable or corn oil)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter and lightly dust two 8.5” x 4.5” bread pans with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (2 cups all-purpose flour, 1.5 cups sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, and 2 tsp cinnamon).
- In a second medium mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: (3 room temperature eggs, 1 cup oil, and the pumpkin puree).
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, and then whisk together until smooth.
- Divide evenly between 2 prepared bread pans and bake at 350˚F for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The second recipe, via Running On Real Food, is a healthy Pumpkin Oat Cookie. It’s vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and it makes the PERFECT post-workout snack:
- 2.5 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 0.5 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients to form a thick dough.
- Use your hands to create 12 cookie shapes. The cookies likely won’t spread or change shape during baking, so be sure to create the shape you want before baking!
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper, or place cookies directly on the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Last but not least, we had to throw in a delicious Pumpkin Cold Foam via Barefoot In The Pines to top off your morning coffee. If melted ice cream and pumpkin pie had a baby, it would be this Pumpkin Cold Foam:
- 0.5 cups heavy cream (cold)
- 5 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp milk (cold)
- 0.25 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine the wet ingredients (heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla) in a measuring cup or a mason jar.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Check to make sure the mixture isn't too warm. If the mixture doesn't feel cool, pop it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes. The pumpkin cream froths best when it's well chilled!
- Next, grab your cup of coffee (hot or cold!), making sure to leave enough room for the foam.
- To whip the foam, scoop 0.5 cups of the pumpkin cream mixture into a blender or a mini food processor. Blend until the mixture has thickened and increased in volume (about 30-40 seconds).
- Spoon the pumpkin foam over the coffee and enjoy your homemade Pumpkin Cream Coffee!
Hope you enjoy trying these recipes! Happy fall, y’all 🍂