Add a touch of whimsy to your morning mug of coffee or tea with our DIY Watercolor Mug!
Watch our full video tutorial:
Plain White Mug (We scored ours from the dollar store for $1.25!)
Bowl of Warm Water
Clear Gloss Coat
1) Gather your supplies and work on a protected surface with a towel close by. Make sure your mug is completely clean and dry.
2) Add a few drops of nail polish to the bowl of water. You can stick to one color for a simple design OR really have some fun and combine your fave colors for a psychedelic effect. It's totally up to you!
3) Here's where you have to be a bit quick! Swirl the drops of color with the toothpick and dip the outside of your mug into the colorful swirls. You can repeat this process to layer on a variety of colors for a different look.
4) Lightly pat the mug dry with a towel.
5) Spray on a coat of clear gloss sealer being very careful not to get any on the inside of the mug (that's where your coffee goes!). Let everything dry overnight. Be sure to only hand wash your mug after each use to keep the design intact.
Kai Wave Ring: VAYA
Share this post if you can't start your day without a cup of tea or coffee!