This way to the beach! Add some shabby chic decor to your room with our delightful DIY Wooden Beach Signs.
Watch our full video tutorial:
- Piece of Wood - Any Size (This piece of wood was $4 from our local hardware store and we cut it in half, hello 2 for 1!)
- Stencils (We printed and cut out our own using our computer and at-home printer. Download our printable design.)
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brush
- Sponge Brush
1. Lay out your supplies and make sure you protect the surface you're working on so paint doesn't get everywhere.
2. Prepare your stencils. Download our printable design here. Using a pair of scissors, cut out the inside of the letters. Don't forget to cut out the holes too!
3. Get colorful! Brush on an even layer of paint. One to three coats should do depending on the look you're going for. We like some of the wood grain to show through, so we did two light coats.
4. Tape down the stencils with some painter's tape. Lightly dab your sponge brush in some paint and softly, but quickly continue the dabbing motion all over your stencil. Be careful not to use too much paint or else it'll bleed past the cutout.
5. Remove the stencil when you're done painting so it doesn't stick while everything dries. Leave overnight to completely dry. Done!
Silver Shell Ring: Tidepool Love
Puka Shell Ring: Josa Jewelry
Share this post with a fellow beach bum!