Pura Vida is in Hawaii this week and we couldn’t be more excited! Here to celebrate the Wanderlust Festival in O'ahu, we wanted to give you a taste of what we will be experiencing. To begin, here is a simple definition of the word, so you are not already completely lost:
Wanderlust: a strong desire to travel. And the Wanderlust Festival is a one-of-a-kind weekend long experience bringing together the world's leading yoga teachers, top musical acts and DJs, renowned speakers and top chefs and winemakers, all in a setting of breathtaking, natural beauty. Below is a short list detailing some of the components to one of these festivals, and maybe, if it sounds like something you would be interested in, you can go to an upcoming festival. A complete schedule of the festivals can be found here.
The Wanderlust Festival Experience:
- Yoga: It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced yogi or a beginner just wanting trying something new, the Wanderlust festival has a program that caters to every individual. So lift to the top of the mountain and sit among the clouds, or join an intimate, smaller class based in a studio. The main goal is to get you to benefit from an experience that you may not be used to, surrounded by a community of people all with the same goals in mind.
- Music: A wide array of music is also performed at these festivals. Ranging from intimate pop-up shows to main stage events, the eclectic array will feed into your experience and enhance your overall journey. Some of the bands going to be featured at the O’ahu Wanderlust festival include DJ Drez, Kevin Paris and Donavon Frankenreiter.
- Outdoor Adventures: One of the great things about these festivals is that they encourage you to get off the mat and out into the surrounding natural setting. Some of the cool outdoor adventures featured at the O'ahu Wanderlust Festival include eco-kayaking through the Kawela Bay, horseback riding, a helicopter tour of O’ahu and an off-road segway tour.
- Food, Wine and Local Craft: Grass-fed, cold-pressed, small-batch, gluten-free, certified-organic – this is the kind of food you are going to get when attending this festival. The whole experience is about cleansing your palette, so what better way than from the inside out?
- Speakeasy Lectures: The Speakeasy lecture is unique to the Wanderlust Festival in that subjects who speak always speak about topics that pertain to mindful living. It is a casual experience, where the speakers can literally speak-easily, and it is one of the main draws to attending these festivals.
Find more information about the Wanderlust Festivals here, and hopefully everyone has a happy weekend!